- On a piece of a paper draw a snowflake template (you can do this by hand or use a ruler if you prefer),
- Cut up wax paper into small squares.
- Over the simmering water in a small heat proof bowl melt the chocolate wafer until smooth.Let cool slightly.
- Fill the sandwich bag with the chocolate, don't close the bag yet. Let it cool to slightly warm/lukewarm(test with finger or simple touch the outside of the piping bag).
- Once ready, make a small opening in the corner of the sandwich bag and start piping away.
- Use fresh wax paper square for each snowflake, once piped lie them on a flat surface.
- Lastly using tweezers add a little pearl in the center.
- Let cool snowflakes without touching until firm, I usually put them into the fridge for couple of minutes until they harden. Gently peel off the wax paper and set each snowflake on a flat surface or directly onto a frosted cupcake.
- When ready to decorate cupcakes, simply place snowflakes on top of your frosted cupcakes. Snowflakes handle best when slightly chilled so if necessary put them into the fridge for 5 minutes before decorating cupcakes.
I used these to decorate delicious Sweet Potato Almond Cupcakes(egg free)