(Printer Friendly Recipe)
- Using a wooden spoon stir all the ingredient until well incorporated
- Cover the saucepan and let it cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove the lid, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
- Do not stir from this point on, but it is important to carefully shake the pan so that caramel doesn't burn
- DON'T BE TEMPTED TO TASTE, MIXTURE IS VERY HOT P ! Pour the heavy cream into the mixture. I recommend wearing oven mitts and keep away from the pan. The mixture will bubble up significantly.
- Stir the mixture, again being careful. Add the butter and stir until combined.
- Transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool. Caramel can be made a day ahead.
I should check on my caramel right now....