Clearly Summer is winding down but that doesn't mean we can't still enjoy the fruit of the season. Peaches are as good as they get right now. If you can get your hands on some local peaches don't hesitate a minute. I grilled some few days ago and my taste buds were screaming with joy. So delicious and juicy and just perfect.
Today I'm making fresh Peach Tomato Pepper Salsa.
I also wanted to announce that I'm starting a new segment here on Haniela's and it is called
I created a new you tube channel What To Cook Next, it will be dedicated to my cooking videos. I will be posting a new cooking video once a week on Wednesdays. No worries though, I'm still working on my new cookie decorating videos and keeping things as usual here on Haniela's.
Now, let's get back to Peach Salsa.
Peach Tomato Pepper Salsa
3cups fresh, blanched peaches, chopped
2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1garlic clove, pressed
3tbl fresh parsley, chopped
juice of one lemon
3tbl white wine vinegar
fresh ground pepper
- In a small dish whisk together : lemon juice, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic.
- In a large bowl stir together peaches, tomatoes, pepper and onion.
- Pour dressing over vegetables, and stir, taste and season as needed. If you little bit of heat add some chili flakes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for couple of hours.
- Serve with toasted bread, grilled fish, chicken or corn chips.
Peach Tomato Pepper Salsa Video - Includes an easy Blanching Process