Few months back I bought stencils from The Stencil Closet. I bought these stencils before I got my new airbrush and I was waiting for the airbrush to get here to try them out and then the gardening season started and then there was Mother's Day and I had to make 3 cakes and more cookies and then I ran out of excuses...and made these Tie Cookies.
For these cookies I used 2 stencils. I'm fond of herringbone pattern, it has that old world's charm that I adore. I also used mini anchor stencil.
To make these cookies you need:
Cake Decorating Airbrush
Stencils from The Closet Stencil
white royal icing of 15 second consistency(video tutorial)
airbrush food colors: copper, sky blue
Americolors food gel colors: yellow, black, royal blue
White or Blue Sanding Sugar
Tie cookie cutter from The Cookie Cutter Company
- Flood the cookies with white royal icing, let icing dry overnight.
- Next day, using stencils and an airbrush, stencil cookies.
- Anchor Cookies : first pipe the outline using royal blue icing, dip the cookie in the sanding sugar and then using red icing pipe #1 Dad.
- Herringbone Cookies: using black royal icing pipe #1 Dad, then using yellow royal icing pipe the outline.
- Let both cookies air dry for couple of hours.
- Store in the airtight container or package cookies individually in clear bags, tie the bag with a pretty ribbon.