I don't own a kopykake so creating certain designs on cookies can be a pain. Today I wanted to share with you a really simple technique of creating a piping guide directly on a cookie, using a piece of paper/plastic and a food pen.
A perfect example is argyle design, one would think you can just pipe those perfectly even diamond shapes by hand, well maybe you can but I can't so I made a little template to help me along.
To make these cookies you need:
- Bake the cookies.
- Using a simple plastic or a paper template and a food pen, draw a piping guide directly onto the cookie.
- Starting with white icing(using 10 second icing), fill the diamond shaped areas, following the argyle design pattern, and the piping guide.
- Fill in the white areas, let dry.
- Fill in the red(using 10 second icing) areas, let dry. If needed use a toothpick or a pin to push the icing into the hard to reach corners. Let dry.
- Using a grey or black icing pipe the clean lines across to finished the argyle pattern.
- Pipe the red outline and let dry.
|Use a template to draw a piping onto the cookie|
|Fill in white areas|
|Fill in red areas|
|Use a pin or toothpick to push the icing into the hard to reach areas|
|Pipe clean lines across|
You can view more tutorials from The Cookie Cutter Company Valentine's Day project here :