Today I wanted to share with you a super cute cookie idea I created using The Cookie Cutter Company cutter, using my favorite shape of all heart. You can do so many things with heart cutter, and it really should be a cookie cutter staple in every kitchen.
To clarify, I first saw this idea over at Simply Bloom and after that I was hooked. I knew I had to make a pug (I'm praying you can see a pug). My friend loves pugs and since they just got a new addition "Violet" for Christmas I thought I'd make her some cookies. I already made her Pug Cookies and a Pop Art Pug Cake in the past and I'm sure one more won't hurt.
For the Love of Pug Cookies
To make these cookies you need:
heart cookie cutter, I use 2.25" heart cutter
small painter's brush
- Using a heart cookie cutter and a knife construct the dog shape cookie,bake the cookies.
- Ice the ear parts with light ivory icing, let dry.
- Using a clean brush and a touch of brown food coloring paint lines onto the ears.
- If needed use a food coloring pen to give you
more confidence and draw the line for the face features as a guide, then flood it with dark grey icing. Let dry.
- Continue with adding more details on the face: pipe large white dots for eye, let crust over and then add black dots and finish with little white dot. Make the nose and mouth.
- Use a tiny brush and black food coloring to paint the eye lashes.
- Tip: W painting with the brush and a food
coloring on cookies, make sure the icing on the cookie is completely dry, I
also recommend having a piece of paper towel and water on hand.Dip the tip of the brush in the food coloring and then in the water, use paper towel to remove any excess water, you want the brush to be just very lightly damp not wet. This way you can also control the color intensity. Be sure not to make the cookie wet.
|Using a knife cut the heart in half then attach halves to a full heart cookie , use a little bit of water to attach cookies|
|Flood the ears|
|Paint the ears using brown food colorin|
|Using a food pen draw a piping guide for the face, then flood with icing, let dry|
|Add the nose|
|Add eyes : pipe large white dots let crust over, pipe small black dots,let crust and then add white dots. Using a small brush paint eyelashes|
|Add a ribbon|
Aren't they adorable!?
You can view more tutorials from The Cookie Cutter Company Valentine's Day project here :