Today we are going to celebrate in a grand Rainbow Style! In all colors of happiness and smiles.
What or whom do we celebrate, you ask?
Do you know Meaghan? The Decorated Cookie one. We are celebrating Meaghan and her newly born baby girl Violet Lake.
Michelle from Sugar Swings had a fabulous idea to create a virtual Baby Shower for Meaghan in the Rainbow style. She asked me come along and you know since I was already thinking about Christmas centerpieces... I made a rainbow centerpiece for the joyful occasion.
To make a rainbow centerpiece you need:
Cookies, use sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, chocolate cookies, what ever you like, here are few of my favorite cookie cut out recipes
Large flower cookie cutter - for the base, I bought mine at a Dollar store years ago, it is about 5inches wide, Country Kitchen carries a nested flower cutter set with a 5 inch flower cutter
Small flower cookie cutter to make the clouds.
One large and one medium round cookie cutter - to create a rainbow shape
Mini rose/tulip cutter and a mini flower cutter - to create daisies, I bought the mini tulip cutter at a local store and I can't seem to locate the same one online, but here is a similar one you can use as well to create mini daisies, from The Cookie Cutter Company
Drinking straw to make 2 holes in the base cookie, for the ribbon
Piping bag fitted with a small leaf metal tip
|Here are all the cookie cutters I used to construct the Rainbow Centerpiece|
|Decorate cookies, I used 3 different shade of green to decorate the base large flower cookie|
|Make small royal icing leaves using small leaf metal tip and a medium stiff icing, let dry|
|Using a royal icing attach dry royal icing leaves onto the base by the daisy flowers.Add a ribbon.|
|Using stiff royal icing attach all the cookie pieces onto the base, making sure you support the cookie with some crumbled plastic wrap for at least a few hours until icing/glue dries. Remove supports and enjoy the centerpiece|
Welcome Baby Girl Violet Lake.
Wishing you - Meaghan and your family Wonderful Rainbow Christmas.
Interested in more Rainbow Love? Yes, there is more, 16 times more actually. Check out all the rainbow treats created by talented bloggers by visiting links below.
Here is a beautiful collage made by Kathia from Pink Little Cake.
1. Vanilla Bean Baker - Baby's First Christmas
2. Not Your Momma's Cookie - Rainbow Swaddled Baby Cookies
3. Crazy for Crust - Rainbow Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
4. Dollhouse Bake Shoppe - Rainbow Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
5. Creative Food - Rainbow Pancakes
6. Hoosier Homemade - Rainbow Jar Cupcakes
7. Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons - Rainbow Smores Pops
8. Pink Little Cake - Baby at the End of the Rainbow Cake
9. Love From the Oven - Rainbow Cake Pop Cupcakes
10. Munchkin Munchies - Rainbow Balloon Cookies
11. The Baked Equation - Rainbow Baby Shower Cookies
12. Sweetology - Marshmallow Baby Pops
13. Sugar Swings - Rainbow Madeleines
14. Pint Sized Baker - Rainbow Meringue Tarts
15. Bird on a Cake - Rainbow Petal Cake
16. Haniela's - Rainbow Centerpiece - YOU ARE HERE
17. Miss Candiquik - Marshmallow Baby Bottles
In case you are running short on time and you can't make any of these amazing baby shower creations, you can check out eDiaperCakes.com. Beautifully styled diaper cake makes for a wonderful and really useful gift for a new mom to be.
Linking to Tidy Mom - I'm Lovin' it.