There is one problem with this popcorn , I can't stop eating it. I tried.
It is super easy to make and makes the whole house smell like a baker's dreamland. Try it, you'll like it too.
Gingerbread Caramel Popcorn
7cups popped popcorn
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/2tsp ground ginger
pinch of salt
1/4tsp baking soda
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1tsp butter for brushing the sauce pan
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Lightly grease baking sheet, set aside.
- Pop the popcorn, and place it into a bowl sprayed with a non stick spray or lightly oiled with oil.
- In a small sauce pan, brush 1tsp of butter on the sides.
- Add brown sugar, butter, honey, molasses, ginger, cinnamon and salt.Stirring, bring the mixture to boil.Let boil for 5 minutes, don't stir.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda, mixture will foam and thicken.
- Add vanilla extract and stir.
- Immediately pour mixture over popped popcorn and stir well, until popcorn is coated well.
- Spread the popcorn onto the baking sheet.Bake at 250F for about an hour. Stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer popcorn onto a wax paper lined tray and let cool completely. Gently toss it to separate pieces sticking together. Store in an airtight container.