For all the chocolate lovers out there, here is a treat you won't forget that easily.
Cream cheese and Chocolate Ganache. Both delicious on its own, combined, they are divine.
Chocolate Ganache Cream Cheese Frosting ( will frost 24 standard size cupcakes)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, or if you prefer use milk chocolate chips.
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, or you can use good quality dark chocolate as well.
1/3 cup heavy cream
1package room temperature cream cheese
1cup to 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat heavy cream until it is hot and bubbles are forming on the surface, pour over small pieces of chocolate, cover and let stand for 2 minutes. When covering a bowl, first, place a piece of clean dry paper towel over and then place a plate or a lid on top. This helps to keep any water from condensation dripping into the ganache. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar, until smooth.
- Gradually add room temperature ganache, add vanilla extract, beat until combined and smooth.
- Taste, if needed add more powdered sugar.
- If you find that icing is too stiff, add 1tbl heavy cream and beat until smooth and well combined.
- Personally don't like frosting that is overly sweet, so you may have to add more sugar based on your taste.
- This is one luscious frosting. You can frost the cake or cupcakes using this frosting.
Pumpkin Spice Caramel Cupcakes
Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Cupcakes