It's been really long week without a new blog post. I had some new things I wanted to share with you but sometimes things don't go as planned and unexpected stuff happens. My PC broke down again and let's face it I didn't back up my last batch of photos;, after I learned I lost them all I cried a little inside.How many time did I tell myself to back up every time!??? Countless.
Right now I'm on another PC, though it works fine it is not home.
On the other hand I hope you had a productive week, myself I've been busy(explained above) plus I was working on 2 cakes and matching cookies for the Birthday Parties. I hope to share some cake pictures on the blog this coming week.
Wondering what's happening today? Well today I'm going to share with you another raspberry treat. I love raspberries so much, I've been buying raspberries frozen from a local Giant Grocery Store I have to tell you I love them, most of them are in one piece and there is no added sugar in them. A win win for me. I found myself munching on frozen raspberries the other night. Delicious.
Creamy Raspberry Tart with Pretzel Almond Crust
about 1 1/4 cup (85grams) crushed pretzels, I used whole grain pretzels (you can also use vanilla wafer cookies, such as Nilla Wafers, if using use only 1tbl honey)
1/2 cup(35grams) almonds or walnuts
1tbl candied ginger
2tbl (30grams) butter melted
3tbl (30ml) oil
1/4cup(60grams) sour cream
3/4 pkg of cream cheese (6oz-170grams)
Lemon zest from one lemon
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup raspberries, I used frozen ones but you can use fresh ones as well
8-9 inch tart pan with removable bottom
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a food processor combine pretzels with almonds and process until fine, stir in the oats
- In a small dish combine together melted butter, oil, honey, candied ginger
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and using your hands or a wooden spoon mix together until crumbs are evenly moist and mixture when pressed between fingers holds together
- Spray the pan with non stick spray
- Press the crust mixture into the pan, about 1/2 inch up the sides as well
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool slightly, 5 minutes
- While your crust is baking prepare the filling: cream together cream cheese and sour cream, add sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract and eggs, set aside
- Pour the filling into the crust , gently drop raspberries in and bake for 20-25 minutes or until set
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature, chill before serving.