Don't worry, even though Easter is only a few days away you can still make adorable and super easy Easter Bunny Cookies. Designs on these cookies were inspired by a Bird's Party Printable Collection.
Striped and Polka Dot Easter Bunny Cookies
- Bake the cookies, use your favorite recipe for cut out cookies, or you can use recipes I use the most- Collection of Roll Out Cookie Recipes. My favorite is Chocolate, Sugar and Honey Cookies
- I made Easter Bunny cut outs but you can use any other shapes you like, eggs, chicks, different bunny shapes.
- To ice the cookies I use my Fresh Lemon Royal Icing, I use a real lemon to flavor my icing.It gives the icing fresh taste and your a get an extra dose of vitamin C too, that is always a good thing, especially when eating cookies.
- Trick to making this design is to use what is called wet on wet technique-see the bottom of this post
- First you need to outline and flood the cookie with white icing, you can learn more about flooding consistency of you icing in my tutorial here
- Once you finish flooding the cookie you need start making stripes using desired colors right away(this is the wet on wet technique), best when icing you be using to make the stripes is thinned down to flood consistency as well.
- To decorate I use either parchment cones or sandwich bags. I know it sounds little weird but I really use sandwich bags, like the one you see in the picture below. Just fill the bag with icing(tip how to fill a sandwich bag with icing), snip of a small piece of a corner and you are ready to decorate, if you are not confident with sandwich bag, use regular piping bag fitted with a coupler and a piping tip. I recommend PME tips, if those are not available to you or you don't want to invest in those(they can be pricey) use Wilton, they a cheaper and wildly available and they will work as well
- Once you make the stripes onto your cookies, let them dry completely, try not to lift the cookies while they are drying, best to leave them be for several hours prior handling
- Packaging is a great way to present your cookies when you are giving them away as a gift
- For these cookies I used Wilton's Clear Bags that are 4x9 inches
- Label Template that is about 4x 3inches, fold in half
- Place the cookie into the bag, fold the end few times, using a stapler, secure the ends in place
- Put the label over the end and secure it with one staple in the upper middle section
- Thread a ribbon through the staple and make a bow