Did you know Lily of the Valley is considered to be a flower of fairies? Apparently they use tiny bell shaped flowers as cups to drink from. Who knew right? Lily of the Valley is a flower of May, weddings, symbol of purity, modesty and happiness and I adore it for its tiny clustered flowers.
I decided to take a more modern approach for this cookie design, using a simple round cookie cutter. Round Cutter is the evergreen of cookie cutters(in my opinion) and you really can't go wrong with it.
Lily of the Valley Cookies
- Bake the Cookies, Collection of Recipes
- Make Royal Icing, color icing : 3 shades of green, leaf green, mint and darker leaf green, and white
- Outline cookie with leaf green, flood the cookie with leaf green. 10 Second Flood Icing Tutorial
- Immediately after you flood the cookie, follow with wet on wet technique using flood consistency mint and dark green, pipe lines onto the cookies(see the image above)
- Let the cookie dry completely
- Randomly pipe bell shapes onto the cookie, preferably in the direction of piped lines, making one or 2 bells out of line a bit. Fill the bell with flood icing and let dry completely.
There it is - pretty and super easy Lily of the Valley Cookies, but that is not all I wanted to share with you today. I have a very special treat for you. I'd like to invite you for a walk in the garden, and not just any garden but an Enchanting Cookie Garden created by amazingly talented cookie artists.
In February I decided to launch a little cookie project "Let's Smell The Flowers" and today I'm so very proud to show it off, we have 19 different flowers growing in the cookie garden! Thank you Ladies for making this happen and a bear thank you goes to Lisa - The Bearfoot Baker for helping with me all the links!
1. Black Eye Susan by Lisa, The Bearfoot Baker
2. Carnation by Meaghan, The Decorated Cookie
3. Cherry Tree Flower by Pam, Cookie Crazie
4. Daffodil by Georganne, LilaLoa
5. Daisy by Stephanie, Ellies Bites
6. Dogwood by Marian, Sweetopia
7. Gerbera by Paula, Vanilla Bean Baker
8. Hyacinth by Amber, SweetAmbs
9. Hydrangea by Kim, The Partiologist
10. Iris by Cristin, Cristin's Cookies
11. Lavender by Liz, Arty McGoo
12. Lily of The Valley by Hani, Haniela's
13. Lotus by Marlyn, Montreal Confections
14. Morning Glory by Glory, Glorious Treats
15. Orchid by Ali, Ali Bee's Bake Shop
16. Pansy Nicole, Life's A Batch
17. Poppy by Callye, SweetSugarBelle
18. Sunflower by Bea, Cancun Cookies
19. Tulip by Lorriane, LorrainesCookies